HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Chinese Proverb

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Della

Total Posts : 1026
Female
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Chinese Proverb   25th January 2008, 5:00 pm

There is an old Chinese proverb that says: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" That in my book means, you have to know not only the good things that your friends say about you but what your enemies think of you as well or you won't be able to deal with them.

I have tried to give Sakis fans a "true" image of what the media and other non - rouvitses think of him. Naturally not everyone says nice things about him. Some of those things are pure slander plain and simple but we need to know about them to keep things into perspective.

Sometimes my motives are misjudged but I truly feel that we rouvitses should be aware of things like nasty reviews of Sakis albums or movie or incedents that at the time lead to misunderstandings like the fatefull concert of 1997 etc.

I don't believe in ignoring things, pretending that they never happened or forget about them. I need to talk about those things just as much as I want to talk about the latest news or concert or video. If I don't fume a bit I'm going to burst. After all when I am "fighting back" these people/comments I need ammunition and 300 (287 to be exact) peoples opinions are better than little old me. You can make arguments that one person alone can't see and we can view every subject from every angle.

One of the good things about this forum is that untill now this was THE place to talk about anything Sakis related, good or bad. And do just that. We might not like what other people have published/posted about Sakis but we can still talk about it. And nobody's sensibilities are hurt.

I never write or post anything that I can't say to someone's face and I don't feel that I'm doing something inapropriate, anyone who has read my posts/visited my site knows this. I didn't realise that there are some taboo matters that we are not suposed to bring up.

So far I have managed to detect a few matters that stir the pot:
- Everything short of raving reviews about Alter Ego
- The concert of May 2007

Please complete the list because I don't want to cause any more trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakisrouvas.tk
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Proverb   26th January 2008, 5:47 pm

We certainly don't want u 2 do that Della. The same will certainly go 4 the rest of us here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellijay

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Proverb   27th January 2008, 2:42 am

You are not causing trouble Della and since I think most of your post is aimed at me, I will try one last time to try and make you understand where I am coming from. I am NOT against what you do personally. I am quite aware that there are negative aspects to Sakis and his career and I have no problem with them being discussed openly and freely BUT by people who can respect each others' positions - not just a bunch of idiots who post stupid remarks just to get attention for themselves. The recent post you made in which you quoted a crap remark from someone on imdb DID annoy me because I see no reason to import such kind of crap from another site when we have all read those comments on their original boards and been angry about it there!

It seems that my subtle attempts to get you to read between the lines of my posts has failed miserably so I will try to be a little more obvious. There ARE people watching what you upload Della and I would therefore just urge you to be cautious. I simply dont want a repeat of what happened to you before but this time with more serious consequences!I dont think I can put it any plainer than that.

Jxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrisanthi

Total Posts : 1186
Female
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Proverb   27th January 2008, 3:02 am

I don't agree with your perspective, Maria.
When you reproduce nasty remarks upon Sakis, remarks that were meant to hurt him, made by people not to improve him but to underestimate him,for me it is the same as saying them yourself.
I don't see the point of trying to become the Irodotos of Sakis history,reporting everything just because somebody has uttered them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Proverb   27th January 2008, 5:30 pm

U might as well b cautious Della. Otherwise what's the point of being a fan of Sakis when u write about these things. I hope I don't hurt u in anyway because of it. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Proverb   

Back to top Go down

Chinese Proverb
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1