HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moldienut
Angel's helper of Sakis' Forum

Total Posts : 19567
Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   2nd August 2006, 6:39 pm

I just want to know, has Sakis' popularity shot up since Eurovision because I just want to find out the truth because I suspect it has. Loads of people all across Europe talk about him a lot and I think they have the SRS virus (Sakis Rouvas Syndrome if you are wondering what the initials stood for), caught off Sakis while watching Eurovision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/moldienut
*ParaskÚvie*
Angel Of Sakis' Forum
Angel Of Sakis' Forum

Total Posts : 6286
Female
Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   3rd August 2006, 3:28 am

yes i think because many poeple who's don't know Sakis know him from the "eurovision song contest" and the song "Shake it"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakis-rouvas.zikforum.com
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   3rd August 2006, 7:50 am

That must be the case, although I have no proof. At least he is now more famous, and with fame comes popularity. Most of the time ... Unless you become famous because of some kind of scandal. And I wouldn't call Sakis' appearance in this year's Eurovision Song Contest a scandal. Would you?? Laughing

The only time I've ever heard Sakis being spontaneously mentioned (that is, without me initiating a discussion about him) was when I was waiting at Stockholm Central Station for a commuter train to take me home. This was a couple of days after the ESC final. Standing on the platform, I suddenly heard a group of girls (I estimate their ages to be 15-16) say "69 69 69", after which they started to laugh. It seemed to me more like they were making fun of him rather than anything else, though. Neutral

When I think about it, I actually also heard someone (a woman) in the lunch room at work mention "69 69 69" right after the final. She seemed to think the joke was genuinely funny (like me), and the people she was having some sort of post-ESC discussion with also seemed to think of the episode as a funny moment.

But that's about all I've heard that's even remotely related to Sakis. So if he's become more popular over here, I don't know. Rolling Eyes

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
emilia

Total Posts : 7063
Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   4th August 2006, 11:55 am

If he hadn't represented Greece in ESC no one out of Greece would propably no who he is. So he's popularity must have increased after Shake it.

Kisses
Emilia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/penemi
Della

Total Posts : 1026
Female
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   7th August 2006, 12:43 pm

The answer is Definitely Yes! Most of the people in his fanlist knew him because of ESC 2004. I hope that he will participate again at some point - hopefully with a better song that will come first! That would really boost his reputation abroad.

What I would be interested to know is what kind of impact did his appearence in ESC 2006 have? Did he aquire any new fans? I don't think that it was quite like ESC 2004, the whole Europe was "Shaking it" then but still. Some people who didn't know him must have seen him for the first time. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakisrouvas.tk
emilia

Total Posts : 7063
Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   7th August 2006, 1:02 pm

Della wrote:
The answer is Definitely Yes! Most of the people in his fanlist knew him because of ESC 2004. I hope that he will participate again at some point - hopefully with a better song that will come first! That would really boost his reputation abroad.

What I would be interested to know is what kind of impact did his appearence in ESC 2006 have? Did he aquire any new fans? I don't think that it was quite like ESC 2004, the whole Europe was "Shaking it" then but still. Some people who didn't know him must have seen him for the first time. What do you think?

Hi Della!

In my opinion Sakis was in ESC 2006 better than ever.
And by the way your "esnip-directory" is absolutely fabulous.

Hugs I love you I love you
Emilia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/penemi
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   12th August 2006, 12:21 pm

Della wrote:

I'm one of the fans that discovered him this year. I recognized him from ESC 2004, but his participation that year didn't make me a fan of his (although my general impression of him was positive). If he hadn't performed "I'm In Love With You", I would not be here. Having heard "Love Shine A Light", which brought tears to my eyes, "I'm In Love With You" definitely made me want to hear more of his voice and music. The rest is history ... Wink 2

So, the answer is: he got at least one new fan because of his job as a co-host of ESC 2006. I'm sure, though, that he must've got more fans in 2004. Not very many look at the hosts in "that kind of way". They probably focus on the contestants. Although I personally can't see how you can not notice Sakis, and not be touched by his beautiful voice ...

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?   

Back to top Go down

Do you think Sakis' popularity has shot up since Eurovision?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1