HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   25th July 2008, 2:27 pm

Moldienut wrote:

I am saying that the top 10 along with the big 4 qualify automatically for Moscow since they finished at a good position in Belgrade. The 3 semi finals mean that MORE countries are entering just like this year.

Are you sure, Mo? That was exactly my question, because as far as I've heard, they ditched that rule. Or so I thought. Maybe I've read this topic sloppily, but I honestly thought every country except the hosting one and the big 4 have to qualify through semifinals. I'm confused now...

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
Moldienut
Angel's helper of Sakis' Forum

Total Posts : 19567
Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   25th July 2008, 3:09 pm

Malin wrote:

Are you sure, Mo? That was exactly my question, because as far as I've heard, they ditched that rule. Or so I thought. Maybe I've read this topic sloppily, but I honestly thought every country except the hosting one and the big 4 have to qualify through semifinals. I'm confused now...

The one I mentioned was the old format but I'll find out about the new one because this year it changed slightly to what it usually is.

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   26th July 2008, 2:59 pm

Moldienut wrote:
Malin wrote:

The one I mentioned was the old format but I'll find out about the new one because this year it changed slightly to what it usually is.

I'm sure we'll find out what it will look like. Probably not 4 a while considering the event is still in the beginning stages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsvetelin

Total Posts : 97
Male
Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   27th July 2008, 8:27 am

This year the format was changed because of the big number of countries participated in the contest. Next year there will also be two semi-finals. Greece should also take part in it to qualify for the final. I prefer this because in this way the viewers will have already heard Sakis once - it won't be something like they see him for the first time and wonder if he deserves to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakisrouvas.com
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   27th July 2008, 3:05 pm

tsvetelin wrote:
This year the format was changed because of the big number of countries participated in the contest. Next year there will also be two semi-finals. Greece should also take part in it to qualify for the final. I prefer this because in this way the viewers will have already heard Sakis once - it won't be something like they see him for the first time and wonder if he deserves to win.

Oh right, I never really knew that because I didn't watch it this year because of the biased voting going on. I am so used to the older semi final format. Thanks Tsvetelin for the info, I had no real idea about how it works now until now.

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   27th July 2008, 6:41 pm

Well I've seen the contest this year. Yet in my view I don't the voting as biased. At least 4 me I c how it works now. So the two semi-finals method will remain in tact 4 next year's contest. 4 sure I'm going 2 c both of them next year as well. No doubt Sakis is indeed no stranger 2 the ESC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellijay

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   28th July 2008, 10:15 am

Since Sakis in Eurovision is now a certainty, I have been giving this subject a LOT of thought.

I know for sure that Saki's presentation will be absolutely perfect so... he needs a perfect song.

Yes Kontopoulos has written some awesome dance tracks for Sakis but since it seems almost certain that Sakis will not sing in Greek for the ESC, then he really needs a song which has a good beat and good lyrics in English to carry him through.

Kontopoulos has written songs for the ESC before for other artists but has not been very successful in getting them into the competition. Would it not be better for saki's team to open up the competition a little wider and let other songwriters offer something for Sakis to perform.

Konstantinos Patzis captured a good beat and strong lyrics for Kalomoira this year.... how about giving this guy the chance write something for sakis to consider also???

Surely, the more choices we have, the better.

Jxxx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   28th July 2008, 1:52 pm

Well I haven't really thought of that there Jane. Yet I really wish we as his international fans would help out our Greek friends 2 determine what we think will b the perfect song 4 him 2 do in Moscow next year. How would that take effect remains 2 b seen.

Last edited by wpghi5 on 29th July 2008, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   28th July 2008, 3:56 pm

ellijay wrote:
Would it not be better for saki's team to open up the competition a little wider and let other songwriters offer something for Sakis to perform.

Good point, Jane. Excellent point, even.

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
ellijay

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   28th July 2008, 4:07 pm

and let's not forget that Christos Dantis wrote a WINNING song for Paparizou so why not include him also.

As long as we dont end up with more dribble like Shake It.. Sakis is in with a chance.

Jxxx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:06 pm

ellijay wrote:
and let's not forget that Christos Dantis wrote a WINNING song for Paparizou so why not include him also.

As long as we dont end up with more dribble like Shake It.. Sakis is in with a chance.

Jxxx Very Happy

Christos Dantis is a good songwriter but as a singer, he's crap. He's a good choice as well. Plus I do not want either Nikos Terzis or Nectarios Tyrakis involved this time because they were both involved in Shake It and that song is banal. I do NOT want another song like that this time.

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:07 pm

We're entitled 2 our own opinion here but I felt in my mind that Shake It was not a very bad song there. And I'm sure whatever he planning 2 do next year would b equally as good. Like I said before I really wish we international fans could help out our Greek friends decide which song we think he should do 4 ESC in Moscow next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:08 pm

Moldienut wrote:
ellijay wrote:

Jxxx Very Happy

He's a good choice as well. Plus I do not want either Nikos Terzis or Nectarios Tyrakis involved this time because they were both involved in Shake It and that song is banal. I do NOT want another song like that this time.

Ur opinion there Mo. Though I on the other hand think otherwise. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellijay

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:12 pm

I just feel that this is too important to ffff....up. Sakis needs a strong song so that he can give it his all and secure victory. With only one guy submitting songs, the choice is limited and there are other songwriters here in Greece who have had much more success in ESC than Kontopoulos. Let's open up the field and give Sakis every opportunity to win this thing!

Ola Giro Sou and Kai Se Thelo are AWESOME but do we really want another soundalike to take to the esc? If so... then it needs to be sung in Greek!

If not, we need a song with a strong melody AND lyrics which actually make sense.

Jxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellijay

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:13 pm

I do agree with Mo on the subject of Terzis.... I dont want another one of those boppy banal numbers.

I dont agree with you on the subject of Christos Dantis though Mo... he has a freakin AWESOME voice!

hey ho... each to his own i guess! LOL LOL

Jxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:14 pm

I hope Kontopoulos is the one who writes the song for him because he's good.

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:20 pm

ellijay wrote:
I do agree with Mo on the subject of Terzis.... I dont want another one of those boppy banal numbers.

I have to admit that I do not like Shake It very much, too banal and you get very bored of it quickly. Plus I do like Terzis in Sakis' early career back in 1991/92, he wrote some good songs.

ellijay wrote:
I dont agree with you on the subject of Christos Dantis though Mo... he has a freakin AWESOME voice!

hey ho... each to his own i guess! LOL LOL

Jxxx

I have to admit with him, I do like him when it comes to songwriting but singing, he is not my type of music. Everyone has their own opinions and they do not have to agree with everything others say.

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:21 pm

I don't want 2 put a damper on some ppl here but I still want the song 2 b in English and that 2 b dance-oriented though not the same thing as Shake It. Although half of us here r excited that he's returning 2 Eurovision the other half of us take this news as a bit of fear and even concern. Even with that though there's absolutely no way we can make Sakis change his mind now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:24 pm

wpghi5 wrote:
I don't want 2 put a damper on some ppl here but I still want the song 2 b in English and that 2 b dance-oriented though not the same thing as Shake It. Although half of us here r excited that he's returning 2 Eurovision the other half of us take this news as a bit of fear and even concern. Even with that though there's absolutely no way we can make Sakis change his mind now.

Why can't Sakis sing in half and half this time, half in Greek and half in English. Shiri Maimon did that for Israel in 2005 by singing half in Hebrew, half in English and in the end she finished fourth overall.

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:31 pm

I'm just going 2 stand by my statement there. Yet I don't want 2 cause problems though. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:34 pm

wpghi5 wrote:
I'm just going 2 stand by my statement there. Yet I don't want 2 cause problems though. No

You're not causing problems anyway Jessie, it's your opinion and I respect it. With me all I care about is Sakis not going down the plughole like Charlotte Perrelli this time.

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:36 pm

You are not causing probs jessie. Everyone is entitled to their opinion darlin!

Jxxx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   29th July 2008, 1:47 pm

Well that's a relief there. Regarding Charlotte Perrelli (which was another one of my favorites 2 win ESC) I thought her performance was just fine. I think she deserved a much higher ranking than 18th. Evil or Very Mad Well try as we might but it's likely the song will b entirely in English whatever it is. We just have no choice but 2 support it and most importantly support Sakis!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   30th July 2008, 5:44 am

Here is some rumours from somebody in the other forum.

Quote :
Also we got some new rumors. Rumor say that Rouvas will have a HUGE promo tour around Europe. He will start as early as October, and during his promo tour he will also promote some songs from his new Greek album. The song selection show is rumored to take part in December.

We don't know if the above info is true or not though. We will find out in Septbemter at the Press conference

Total Posts : 1617
Female
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   30th July 2008, 6:04 am

this winter is expected to be really full for him. but a big promo tour will be more than helpful especially id it starts early
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/OLYMPIA_NIKOLAOU/SAKIS-INDEX
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!   

Back to top Go down

SAKIS IN ESC 2009 IN MOSCOW!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next