HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

I have another question ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Della

Total Posts : 1026
Female
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: I have another question ...   8th August 2006, 10:01 am

When Sakis participated in ESC 2004 everybody talked about him everywhere ... Shake it was heard once every 10 minutes. But Ruslana's song was heard as well. And I mean a lot.

Helena's "My Number One" was closer to the national anthem rather than a Eurovision song.

I know that those are Greek songs by Greek artists therefore the impact will be greater in Greece but still, this years winning songs did not become exceptional hits like last year's and the year before. I haven't heard Hard Rock for a long time and appart from "Tornero" I can't say that I have heard any other here in Greece. What about the rest of Europe? How long has Hard rock remained in the charts? And how does Finland take it? Are they as insane as we were when we came first? It took us 4 months - at least - to sobber up... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakisrouvas.tk
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I have another question ...   9th August 2006, 6:07 am

In Sweden, "Hard Rock Hallelujah" is a hit and many people have it as ring tone on the mobile phones. They recently performed live on a very popular show ("Allsång på Skansen") that is sometimes watched by about a fourth of the Swedish populaton (!) and got great reviews and a lot of press coverage.

My mother is of Finnish descent, and she has heard a lot of stories about how wild "everybody" in Finland went when Finland won the ESC final. I'm sure Greece was in a frenzy when Helena won (and Greece had every right to be, of course!), but at least Greece had had two third places. Finland had never had any success at all in this competition -- at least not in "modern" times. Also, not very many expected Lordi to win. "My Number One" was definitely one of the favorites (and my personal number one without any competition).

I bet Emilia, our Finnish member, will be able to give you a lot of interesting stories about people making silly promises before the final, like "if Lordi wins, I'm going to go to work naked on Monday" etc ... and some people actually did what they had promised! lol!

But, as you're suggesting Della, I don't think that "Hard Rock Hallelujah" will make a lasting impression. Musically, Ruslana's "Wild Dances" and Helena Paparizou's "My Number One" appeal to a much wider audience. I even believe that more people will recognize "Shake It" in 10 years, than "Hard Rock Hallelujah". But I'm biased, of course ... Wink

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
emilia

Total Posts : 7063
Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: I have another question ...   9th August 2006, 9:14 am

Malin wrote:
In Sweden, "Hard Rock Hallelujah" is a hit and many people have it as ring tone on the mobile phones. They recently performed live on a very popular show ("Allsång på Skansen") that is sometimes watched by about a fourth of the Swedish populaton (!) and got great reviews and a lot of press coverage.

My mother is of Finnish descent, and she has heard a lot of stories about how wild "everybody" in Finland went when Finland won the ESC final. I'm sure Greece was in a frenzy when Helena won (and Greece had every right to be, of course!), but at least Greece had had two third places. Finland had never had any success at all in this competition -- at least not in "modern" times. Also, not very many expected Lordi to win. "My Number One" was definitely one of the favorites (and my personal number one without any competition).

I bet Emilia, our Finnish member, will be able to give you a lot of interesting stories about people making silly promises before the final, like "if Lordi wins, I'm going to go to work naked on Monday" etc ... and some people actually did what they had promised! lol!

But, as you're suggesting Della, I don't think that "Hard Rock Hallelujah" will make a lasting impression. Musically, Ruslana's "Wild Dances" and Helena Paparizou's "My Number One" appeal to a much wider audience. I even believe that more people will recognize "Shake It" in 10 years, than "Hard Rock Hallelujah". But I'm biased, of course ... Wink

Hi! Yes Finland winning Eurovision, it used to be a joke. It was sure hell would freeze over before Finland wins ESC. And even I didn't believe we would win until we went trough to the Final. And even on that Saturday when the final was held, I was sure that Sweden would win. My personal favourites this year were Hari Mata Hari, Carola and Anna Vissi.
But when we finally won I was Jumping for joy. The whole nation went crazy. And Hard rock halleluja has certainly been one of the most played hits in the radio this Summer. But Sakis will definitely be Shaking it forever at least in my heart.

Lots of love Surprised Hope tp see all of you in Helsinki next spring.

Emilia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/penemi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have another question ...   

Back to top Go down

I have another question ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1