HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Della...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alexandra

Total Posts : 2040
Female
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Della...   10th August 2006, 6:28 am

You've said that you know Sakis wanted to participate in the musical Saturday night fever...He did????I mean , he told you so?

(As I watched a little from the tv, it seemed a really bad production after all, don't you think??At least, Tsalikis made me laugh!!! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Della

Total Posts : 1026
Female
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Della...   10th August 2006, 7:58 am

Actually Sakis wanted to participate but thanks to Ilias Psinakis and Lakis Lazopoulos whose word caries some weight with the producers, he was not offered a part. Of course that is all rumours but you know what they say: You can't have smoke without fire and Sakis is trying to have a career as an actor. We know that for a fact!

If you think about it, starring in a musical is the best way for Sakis to make the transition from singer to actor. After all he is ideal for pa part who happens to be 50% singing + dansing and 50% acting. It's far better than playing say Amlet without any experience ...

However he didn't succed. I think the production lost because of that. Sakis would be much better than Tsalikis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakisrouvas.tk
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Della...   10th August 2006, 2:56 pm

Della wrote:

If you think about it, starring in a musical is the best way for Sakis to make the transition from singer to actor. After all he is ideal for pa part who happens to be 50% singing + dansing and 50% acting. It's far better than playing say Amlet without any experience ...

I've been meaning to ask why Sakis has not done a musical. Funny: I would've guessed that he would've been offered parts in several musicals (given his talent as a singer and dancer, and his status as a star), but that he for some reason has turned them all down. Now it appears, if you two girls are right, that he actively sought to play a part in a musical, but that he was not offered the part. What a shame! Crying or Very sad

I would love to see Sakis in a musical. But there's one reason why he shouldn't do one, I guess. It takes an awful lot of time to rehearse it, and then the musical would probably have shows many days a week for several months. I guess I would rather have Sakis do other things than being tied up with doing a musical for 6 months (or more) ... unless he did it on Broadway or West End, of course ... Wink

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
alexandra

Female
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Della...   12th August 2006, 5:58 am

Della, you mean that Lazopoulos actually suggested Tsalikis instead of Sakis? What, he has lost his mind!

I'm so glad the show was a complete failure!It seemed a show made by schoolchildren!Objectively speaking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Della

Female
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Della...   17th August 2006, 4:00 pm

He was offered many parts in TV theatre etc, but he didn't want to participate to ANY production. He wanted to participate in those two because they were very well made up, they weren't cheap shows and they had better chances than all the other musicals that were produced in Greece of becoming hits.

The first show "Grease" wasn't a failure at all. In fact it lastet 2 seasons. It was prior to Eurovision and prior to the album "To hrono stamatao" and Sakis career wasn't at it's peak as it was afterwards. So the producers asked Sakis to participate in an audition just like everybody else instead of offering him the part and he said no. After all not participating is one thing but being turned down would be a major blow to his career at the time.

In the second case "Saturday night fever" Sakis had just split up with Ilias and no matter what they say the end of their collaboration was not amicable. Ilias tried and succeded in sobotajing him. He was a close friend of Lakis Lazopolos, who is an important actor / producer, and was part of the production of the musical. Needless to say his recommendations were not good so Sakis lost the part.

Last edited by on 18th August 2006, 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Angel's helper of Sakis' Forum

Total Posts : 19567
Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Della...   17th August 2006, 4:17 pm

Quote :
He has received many offers to play in the theatre, the movies and television but he always refuses.

This was a reference to this thread before now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/moldienut
YPSILON
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 842
Female
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Della...   22nd August 2006, 1:00 am

For the musical "Grease", the producers of course thought of Sakis as a first choice. Who would be more suitable?

But it was right after the 1997 Cyprus events... It was written in papers that the producers were afraid of the impact this could have on the publicity of the show and backed off...

What a pity... A big loss for us and Sakis...

Total Posts : 7063
Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Della...   22nd August 2006, 6:29 am

What a pity indeed he would certainly have been best possible choise into the role of Danny Zuko. But what can you do...past is the past. Maybe he'll some day get another chance to do a musical. I'm gonna keep my thumbs up for him. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/penemi
Della

Female
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Della...   22nd August 2006, 7:06 am

I don't think it's going to be Grease though! After all Danny is a teenager and Sakis is already in his thirties...
Back to top Go down
alexandra

Female
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Della...   30th August 2006, 10:01 am

Della wrote:
I don't think it's going to be Grease though! After all Danny is a teenager and Sakis is already in his thirties...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
He can 'eat alive' any teenager trying to play Danny's role.Sakis may be thirty sth,however his face is like twenty sth!And I totally believe every word I say.
Sakis' would have been perfect for such a role because he would have put his magic spells on stage . Tsalikis for example was younger and his performence was stupid.Utterly stupid to my opinion.And this is not my love speaking instead of reason.I have been to a million plays and studied theatre in University .He was funny ,and I don't mean cute!!

Age is of no importance , especially when it comes to acting and to so little age differences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malin

Total Posts : 3058
Female
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Della...   30th August 2006, 12:54 pm

alexandra wrote:
Della wrote:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
He can 'eat alive' any teenager trying to play Danny's role.Sakis may be thirty sth,however his face is like twenty sth!And I totally believe every word I say.

[---]

Age is of no importance , especially when it comes to acting and to so little age differences.

This is so true, Alexandra! Actually, I went to see Grease in Sweden (here in Stockholm) a couple of years ago. A terrific production with very many Swedish stars in it. The guy who played Danny (Rennie Mirro) was born in 1972, and the girl who played Sandy (Pernilla Wahlgren) was born in 1967. They played their parts brilliantly! Their ages were not a problem at all!

So I believe that Sakis would do a wonderful Danny. He seems to be able to excel in whatever he decides to do, so why not a musical? Age is just a number ... Wink 2

My recently listened tracks:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/malintwin
alexandra

Female
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Della...   31st August 2006, 7:31 am

Malin wrote:

Age is just a number ... Wink 2

And Sakis is 'all time clasic' for everything! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilia

Total Posts : 7063
Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Della...   31st August 2006, 7:54 am

alexandra wrote:
Malin wrote:

Age is just a number ... Wink 2

And Sakis is 'all time clasic' for everything! Wink

Amen to that I totally agree. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/penemi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Della...   

Back to top Go down

Della...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sakis Rouvas the greek pop star ! :: ~Sakis Rouvas World~ :: ~Questions about Sakis~-
Jump to: