HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
horsefeathers

Total Posts : 1137
Female
Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   28th November 2008, 10:58 am

wpghi5 wrote:
Now that I think about it making donations such as this is probably a better idea. Yet we might as well do it in honor of his daughter. Besides the only present that the children need rite now is food in their stomachs. With the donations we make it will happen.

I couldn't agree more, Jessie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefeathers75.deviantart.com
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   28th November 2008, 1:46 pm

horsefeathers wrote:
wpghi5 wrote:
Now that I think about it making donations such as this is probably a better idea. Yet we might as well do it in honor of his daughter. Besides the only present that the children need rite now is food in their stomachs. With the donations we make it will happen.

I couldn't agree more, Jessie!

Of course my fellow Pegger Rouvitsa. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MARIO

Total Posts : 260
Male
Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   28th November 2008, 1:56 pm

I absoluteley agree. but how are we going to do? Free choice or are we sending the donation to a greek ONG or association concerned with children? I think if we all send something to a greek association from so different places in the world, it might have some special meaning for Sakis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christina

Total Posts : 956
Female
Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 5:18 am

I believe it too...Something from aaaaalllll of us together and especially for a greek association will have a special meaning.

So if you are all in just say it not to loose more time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sakisrouvas.tk
ellijay

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 7:09 am

IM IN! and Gabriella has sent me some money to add to the donation.

If we are going to donate to a cause in Greece - can we decide which one soon and try to either get bank account numbers for the relevant cause or arrange for members to send donations to someone here so that we can make one big donation to the same cause.

This was why I posted the fact that ET television are running a telemarathon on 8th December. They will give details of bank accounts where donations can be made and maybe we can print them here so that members can dontate on their own.

Jxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christina

Total Posts : 956
Female
Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 7:19 am

I saw an advertisement today on tv about Unicef.It said that last Christmas 450.000 children died....

So maybe this could be our destination.Either "to hamogelo tou paidiou" or "Giatroi xoris sunora".Both these associations are about children.

Everything you like....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sakisrouvas.tk
moda

Total Posts : 84
Female
Cancer

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 9:54 am

I'm in, I will give money to Jane when I come to Athens this week.

M x x x
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sakisrouvas.com
MARIO

Total Posts : 260
Male
Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 3:10 pm

Perfect!. so, Jane ¿May I send you the money to you?. Kisses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellijay

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 5:00 pm

Of course ! No probs!

Jxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   29th November 2008, 5:26 pm

Well unfortunately 4 me I'm trying 2 save up my money. So I can't participate due 2 financial reasons. With the struggles in the economy dominating the news lately and even with such a great charity as this one I'm not willing 2 take a chance regrettably. But I'm sure u guys will b doing ur part there. Even the ones outside Greece. And whatever u guys r planning 2 do I'm sure it will all work out. This is definitely a great cause. Definitely all 4 Sakis and his daughter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
horsefeathers

Total Posts : 1137
Female
Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   30th November 2008, 8:33 am

So, are we trying to decide on one cause we all donate to, or are we trying to donate to Greek organizations, or does it matter?

I want to ask because I did make an extra donation with Sakis in mind to the thing we had at school - raising money to build a school for children in Rwanda. At the moment, I'm completely broke and any money I'll be getting for a while is already spoken for.

And all donating to one charity would be nice or Greek organisations, but I still think it's important to count non-monetary contributions. That way, Jessie could volunteer or give blood and still be included.

Yes or no? I mean, we could still try to go with the theme of children (like volunteering in a Big Brothers & Sisters program or something).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefeathers75.deviantart.com
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   30th November 2008, 7:48 pm

It not that I don't think it's a good idea. I believe it is a good idea and I wished I could help out and volunteer. However I gotta admit I'm a bit iffy of doing such a thing. As much I want 2 help out and I'm just not willing 2 do just that. I probably just settle things that r quite small. Although it's not much it's definitely better than nothing. If I go 2 buy groceries or get a bite 2 eat and c some kind of donation box with some change in it than I'm willing do that. I did months ago when I went 2 Burger King or BK 4 short and there was a donation box full of change on behalf of the Sickkids Foundation of Canada. Of course there's others 2 like Easter Seals. And also on some certain cause like finding a cure 2 Breast Cancer or any type of cancer that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olympia

Total Posts : 1617
Female
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   10th December 2008, 7:15 am

you can donate or volunteer to every organisation you concider to be important to you. it doesn't have to be greek.
doing good to others has no frontiers. we don't need to come across one cause. each of us can choose his/her favorite and contribute
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/OLYMPIA_NIKOLAOU/SAKIS-INDEX
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   10th December 2008, 1:57 pm

That's fair enough Oly. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilia

Total Posts : 7063
Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   14th December 2008, 8:50 am

I haven't been around for a while, due to the fact of non-working web connection... and now I find this charity conversation in here. I think that charity is always good idea in all its forms. You can surely count me in. I was thinking that, if I will make any profit from my exhibition pieces during the 3 week exhibition...I promise to donate part of the incomes for UNIFEM (United Nations Development Fund for Women). The reason why I would choose this organisation is that the theme of my exhibition will be "women's destiny" and allthough the Finnish women are equal individuals with the masculine sex, in many 3rd world countries the women are still the weaker sex and placed between the stove and a fist.

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   22nd December 2008, 4:37 pm

I think that's a great idea there Em! Very Happy And I think it's a great title of the theme there of ur exhibition girl! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexandra

Total Posts : 2040
Female
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   22nd December 2008, 11:32 pm

Great idea emilia!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olympia

Total Posts : 1617
Female
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   23rd December 2008, 3:38 am

that is a great idea! every organisation that strives to help our poor countries and especially children is a good cause to support. and there is no need to mention how much you donated. give as much as you personaly can, thereis no need for anybody else to know the details.
it is a great thing though to add some ideas concerning charitable organisations so as to give some more options to all of us.
what about donating money instead of buying Xmas presents?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/OLYMPIA_NIKOLAOU/SAKIS-INDEX
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   25th December 2008, 3:43 pm

I think that's a good idea Oly mou. A little or a lot just as long as we give much of it as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

a special gift for sakis again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3