HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
YPSILON
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 842
Female
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   2nd July 2009, 9:23 pm

Lilian Brunell reviews Sakis Rouvas concert

“Sakis the Great” entertained his fans at the old Olympic Stadium in Athens.
Imagine a soft, mild Greek night, with the moon shining bright above your head, in the open air historical Kallimarmaron Stadium, with approximately 40.000 people singing backing vocals. I knew that Sakis Rouvas was a one of the most popular artists in Greece but yesterday fully understood what that really meant. Me, together with thousands of Greek fans, was the final evidence. Sakis must a modern version of Alexander the Great, as I see it from my Finnish-Swedish perspective.

Sakis is not the greatest singer but a professional, charming and hardworking entertainer. He knows how to treat his people and the audience is eating out of his hand. Everybody seems to know all the lyrics, and as soon as Sakis is doing some extra 'shake-shake-moves' the reaction is immediate and close to hysterical. Despite this he did not sing his previous 2004 ESC entry “Shake It”.

The older songs seem to be the most popular ones and it˘s also in these songs his voice is as its' best. During a rock-cover-potpourri and a tribute to Michael Jackson his voice is rather flat and gives a feeble impression. I have always emphasized that Greek songs in Greek language are better than English versions but this night I found one exception. The Greek version of the this year˘s ESC entry “This Is Our Night” was a disappointment to me. The energy and the beat I remembered from Moscow were not there at all.

As often happens in huge concerts, the sound quality is not always the best. I also wished that the band would have been more visible, instead of putting them far behind on the stage. Sakis was now and then backed up with up to 20 dancers or more, but most of the work was done by him. He changed clothes once in the middle and all in all the concert lasted for 1,5 hours but felt longer due to the high tempo. Personally I found the first part better and more intense.

Sakis is a dearly loved artist among every generation. All young boys want to be a Sakis and that might result in an interesting future development of the Greek society and new ideal of a man. I also lenrnt that the female fans are called “Rouvitsa”. So far I haven˘t heard what the male fans are called but one thing is sure - they are as many as the women.

Lilian Brunell from Stockholm but a frequent Athens visitor.

http://www2.oikotimes.com/v2/index.php?file=articles&id=6007

Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 842
Female
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   2nd July 2009, 9:48 pm

Cata wrote:

Girls... I�m sooo happy that we have met after the concert. Thanks a loooot for the poster (Ypsilon and your lovely daughter...you gave it to me right? I was on another planet at that time so it�s possible that I may not remember everything well and if I made a mistake... sorryyyy).

We were SO happy to meet you too darling! You're a total sweetheart!flower
It's a pity we didn't get to spend a little more time together, but anyway... There's always a NEXT TIME! What a Face

Cata wrote:

And I really hope that I can go to Thessaloniki (my dad told me last night that he will be mad at me if I won�t take him there. Laughing Btw, he liked the concert a looooot even if he didn�t know Sakis before).

YAY!!! Way to go Cata!!! Cheerleader
Your dad is wonderful!!! I can see him becoming a fan too! Yippee

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   3rd July 2009, 5:20 am

The reports from the oikotimes site are great. Thanks Jo !!

I have to admit that I do agree with some of the comments which Lilian Brunell made. I too would like to see the band more involved in saki's concerts.

There were times on Thursday night when Sakis actually appeared annoyed with the band.. they were often ending a song before he wanted and sometimes carrying on when it was clear he had reached the end of a song.

However, being the ultimate professional he is, the atmosphere was still the same and he covered their mistakes very well!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*Paraskévie*
Angel Of Sakis' Forum
Angel Of Sakis' Forum

Total Posts : 6286
Female
Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   3rd July 2009, 7:26 am

Thanks for your reports girls...

Peace, sex, Rock and Love. Lovesick

-15.8 kg in 245 days,
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakis-rouvas.zikforum.com
Irina

Total Posts : 113
Female
Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   3rd July 2009, 12:34 pm

I`m back with another request...
Can anyone please translate what Sakis said about MJ? I saw that he was so touched when he talked about him, and I`m curious....

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   5th July 2009, 5:18 pm

No doubt he gets better everytime! Very Happy And it's definitely going 2 stay that way everytime he does many shows as possible! Very Happy No doubt u can count on Sakis 2 throw not just a concert but a party as well 4 his fans! Party Very Happy From there 2 abroad and even further abroad! Very Happy No doubt we support and luv him very much! Very Happy And he thanks us 4 that! Very Happy No doubt he's perfect! Very Happy A real artist indeed! Very Happy No wonder he was so blessed and luved when u guys shouted his name! Very Happy So much luv 2wards him as well as ur feelings 4 him which in turn he gives it rite back! Very Happy No doubt he did a tremendous job of singing Earth Song as a tribute 2 MJ! Sad Very Happy I may have not understand what he said but yet even mentioning Michael just makes me wanna cry! Sad An idol paying tribute 2 an idol! Sad Very Happy Great 2 hear that Fokas, Dimitris, and his luvly Katia were there 2! Very Happy We definitely felt it from where we r in the world! Very Happy We just can't stop luving him! Very Happy And it never will stop! Very Happy He is indeed a star! OUR star nonetheless! Very Happy It was indeed nice of him 2 pay tribute 2 Michael singing that song! Sad Very Happy No doubt it was an incredible nite and an emotional one 2! Sad Very Happy I can even feel those vibes from here! bounce Very Happy Thanks 4 ur review Marianna mou! Lips Very Happy I can even feel how Sakis was feeling! All happy and glowing! He truly deserves our luv and support! Very Happy We do indeed luv him so much! Very Happy Cata mou I'm so glad u got a chance 2 c our man live! Very Happy And also meet up with the others as well after the show! Very Happy I'm so happy 4 u girl! bounce Very Happy Our man was incredible as always! Very Happy He truly touched every one of ur souls there including urs Jane mou! Very Happy On Earth Song he definitely sang it from the depth of his soul! Sad Very Happy The way he raised his hand 2 the skies 4 Michael just makes me wanna cry! Sad Very Happy No doubt it was an unforgettable nite as he promised! And boy did he deliver! Very Happy U can definitely feel his strong presence when he sings! Very Happy We definitely felt we were there 2! affraid bounce Very Happy It's great that all of u who were there definitely had a nite 2 remember! Very Happy

YPSILON wrote:
Sakis, interviewed by several TV channels after the
concert, among other things, he described how he felt last night:

"From
the beginning to the end, the audience made me fly! I couldn't feel my
feet on the stagefloor, it was wonderful all the time I was onstage!"

I love you I love you I love you

That's so sweet of him 2 say that! No doubt he truly makes us fly there and abroad! Very Happy Great report there Cata mou! Very Happy I know one day u will indeed meet up with our man face 2 face! That's the same 4 the rest of us here including me! Very Happy

Cata wrote:
And I really hope that I can go to Thessaloniki (my dad
told me last night that he will be mad at me if I won’t take him there.
Laughing Btw, he liked the concert a looooot even if he didn’t know Sakis before).

Something tells me ur father also likes Sakis as well! affraid Very Happy Well done in doing that girl! Very Happy

Cata wrote:
how could anyone not love him? He's so adorable I love you

Could've said so better myself Cata mou! Very Happy Thanks Jo 4 the reports there! Very Happy Though I may not agree with all of what Lilian there. Yet some of u guys as I've witnessed do agree with her at times. Lol.

ellijay wrote:
The reports from the oikotimes site are great. Thanks Jo !!

I
have to admit that I do agree with some of the comments which Lilian
Brunell made. I too would like to see the band more involved in saki's
concerts.

There were times on Thursday night when Sakis
actually appeared annoyed with the band.. they were often ending a song
before he wanted and sometimes carrying on when it was clear he had
reached the end of a song.

However, being the ultimate
professional he is, the atmosphere was still the same and he covered
their mistakes very well!!!

No wonder y we luv him so much! Very Happy Great pic of all of u guys there! Very Happy

ellijay wrote:
Standing... left to right.... Maria Pelion.. Me... Cata.. Ipsilon

Sitting... left to right ... Gabriella... Malin... Princess ( Jo's daughter) and her friend Pixie !! lol

sorry if we look a little shellshocked but we had just been in the presence of GOD !

Jxxx Very Happy Very Happy

I don't blame u guys one bit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009   

Back to top Go down

SAKIS CONCERT IN KALIMARMARO STADIUM,GREECE ON 1ST.JULY 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6