HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

DURESS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
olympia

Total Posts : 1617
Female
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   8th December 2009, 2:46 am

let us know Cata or anybody else who gets to see the movie abroad ok?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/OLYMPIA_NIKOLAOU/SAKIS-INDEX
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   8th December 2009, 9:37 am

Cata wrote:
Jessie, she said: Hi to all of you! I hope the movie will
be broadcasted here. I would like to see Sakis playing this character,
I'm sure it's fabulous. Kisses!

Hi 2 u Nika! I hope as well that it will b shown in Spain. Kisses back at ya girl! Thanks 4 the translation Cata.

Cata wrote:
Nika, este es el mesaje de Jessie: No todos hablamos espaganol, asi que podrias mejor hablar en ingles, por favor?
[Nika, this is Jessie's message: Not all of us speak spanish, so can you speak english, please?]

Thanks Cata. And 2 everybody here do let us know if or when the movie will b shown abroad and hopefully u guys will get 2 c it. If u guys have the guts 2 c it cause I know I don't!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   8th December 2009, 9:53 am

I chcked plan for our cinemas for next few months and nothing like Duress is listed there.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   8th December 2009, 11:06 am

girl1035 wrote:
I chcked plan for our cinemas for next few months and nothing like Duress is listed there.

Oh that's 2 bad. Maybe the others will have better luck I hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*ParaskÚvie*
Angel Of Sakis' Forum
Angel Of Sakis' Forum

Total Posts : 6286
Female
Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   10th December 2009, 11:32 am

If the film is really scarry, i don't know if i have the courage to see it Shocked

Peace, sex, Rock and Love. Lovesick

-15.8 kg in 245 days,
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sakis-rouvas.zikforum.com
danari

Total Posts : 156
Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   10th December 2009, 11:45 am

I also have this reserve about the movie ...
My worst nightmare on screen !!! Tears
If somebody would take my kids ... Grrrrrrrr i would be able to kill...
I just hope the ending will set the bad feelings free and solve the mistery !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tundetrencsenyi
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   10th December 2009, 12:06 pm

Well the film is indeed a thriller after all. And with those type of movies they do tend 2 scare ppl quite a lot. Chief, Tunde u deserve a hug from me cause thank god I'm not the only one! *hug* In a heartbeat I would pass on seeing this type of movie because of my sensitivity 2wards it even though our man is indeed in it yet he's playing the villain. Well our man already excepted being in this movie and frankly we can't in any way stop him from excepting such offers like being a part of a movie like Duress. It was his decision and his decision alone and we need 2 respect that. Yet we have our own decisions as 2 whether or not we would handle seeing such a movie as that or possibly not c it at all. 4 my case I'm more interested in the ending of it rather than the parts before it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellijay

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   11th December 2009, 8:51 am

Saw the film last night. Obviously I aint gonna give away the plot but I do have to say..... Sakis is f....in AWESOME!

Jxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   11th December 2009, 9:44 am

ellijay wrote:
Saw the film last night. Obviously I aint gonna give away the plot but I do have to say..... Sakis is f....in AWESOME!

Jxxx

I'm sure he was as always Jane mou!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimKehoe

Total Posts : 12
Male

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   11th December 2009, 6:59 pm

Hi everyone. It is very difficult to track down box office information for Greece from here in the U.S. I believe DURESS opened on 26 screens in Greece last weekend. Can anyone in Greece post the box office results, especially the per screen averages? Thanks very much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   11th December 2009, 7:30 pm

Hey Jim! Glad 2 hear from u again. Hope our Greek Rouvitsas here will help u with that info man. Just 2 let u know Rouvitsas r what we call ourselves as we r fans of Sakis. Lol. I'm pretty sure it did well in the box office over there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinkerbell_gr

Total Posts : 297
Female
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   12th December 2009, 5:04 am

JimKehoe wrote:
Hi everyone. It is very difficult to track down box office information for Greece from here in the U.S. I believe DURESS opened on 26 screens in Greece last weekend. Can anyone in Greece post the box office results, especially the per screen averages? Thanks very much!

Hi!!!
It is 25 screens and 10759 people watched it for the first 4 days(3-6/12)
This the only numbers i found...but i think that for that kind of movie it is pretty good since only people 17+ could watch it!
And i have to informe you that not many people went to cinema to see any movie this weekend because most of the people are afraid of h1n1 flu and finally and even more important it is anniversary of December 2008 and many are afraid of new attacks from the concentrations!

Last edited by tinkerbell_gr on 12th December 2009, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olympia

Total Posts : 1617
Female
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   12th December 2009, 8:28 am

i think the numbers are very promising!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing~! and it is just the beggining!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/OLYMPIA_NIKOLAOU/SAKIS-INDEX
JimKehoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   12th December 2009, 9:21 am

Thanks tinkerbell. Are you sure that the 10,759 number was the number of people who went to see the film? Was there any information as to dollar amounts collected over the weekend? Thanks so much for the information. I didn't know h1n1 was such a major concern, nor was I aware of the anniversary of the riots. Thanks again to you and all others rooting for our movie to succeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinkerbell_gr

Total Posts : 297
Female
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   13th December 2009, 5:25 am

JimKehoe wrote:
Thanks tinkerbell. Are you sure that the 10,759 number was the number of people who went to see the film?
The site i read it write about tickets...but since there is not an official site about this in Greece i can not be 100% sure!Very Happy
JimKehoe wrote:
Was there any information as to dollar amounts collected over the weekend?
No....i did not find anything about this...Very Happy
JimKehoe wrote:
Thanks so much for the information. I didn't know h1n1 was such a major concern, nor was I aware of the anniversary of the riots.
You are welcome!....Well in Greece almost everything is a major concern..and if it is not..we just create one....lol!
JimKehoe wrote:
Thanks again to you and all others rooting for our movie to succeed
What we can do???We just love this Guy!!!! Lovesick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   13th December 2009, 5:00 pm

Thanks 4 the info Tinky mou! Those r impressive numbers 4 the first 4 days of its box office release in Greece! I'm pretty sure it's going 2 grow! It's a shame not many ppl r going 2 the cinemas 2 c any movie this weekend 4 fear of both the H1N1 flu and new attacks marking the anniversary of those riots.

tinkerbell_gr wrote:

JimKehoe wrote:
Thanks so much for the
information. I didn't know h1n1 was such a major concern, nor was I
aware of the anniversary of the riots.
You are welcome!....Well in Greece almost everything is a major concern..and if it is not..we just create one....lol!

Oh lol Tinky mou!

JimKehoe wrote:
Thanks again to you and all others rooting for our movie to succeed!

Oh yw man! As a fellow North American not 2 mention a fellow Canuck 2 Jordan who (me that is) luves Sakis so much I sure hope the movie will succeed! And I'm just hoping it will reach audiences around the world as well! Canada included ofc!

tinkerbell_gr wrote:

What we can do???We just love this Guy!!!! Lovesick

No doubt he's well luved from both sexes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danari

Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 6:55 pm

I had to calm myself down befor any post could go on here ...

Saw Duress ...

For just a moment or two :
My stomach was bound into a knot...
I was frightened ...
I could bearly breathe ...
I wished it would go away ... but it was late...it was already in my mind !

And i remembered : it's only a movie ...
But i realize now , that wont help me anymore, cos i'm not afraid of the specific movie anymore, but of the fact, that there are some man in real life thinking, feeling, acting and living that way !!!!!!!!!

I was wrong : the movie isn't about my worst nightmare, it's beyond that, one ( or two ) steps beyond !!!

I saw the movie with people who came to watch it because of me (they aren't Sakis fans) and they "had " to admit Sakis was brilliant ! I asked them why and the answer was : on screan the man wasn't Sakis , not for a moment ... but a serial killer with just one goal : ... (you'll have to wait and find it out for your selfs !!! But don't jump into any premature conclusions , untill the movie is over you don't know nothing !!! ) ...

... that means he is evolving as an actor !!!
Sakis came a long way since the Alter Ego ... he made me forget - as i was watching Duress - about the man that Sakis IS and he persuaded me that anyone could become " a killer " if the situation requires that !!!

My opinion is that this movie is indeed a very good psyhological thriller and if you're watching it like that ( and not just a film " our man " did ) you have to be ready for its consequences ! A good psyhological thriller is NOT about just provoke terror , but through it forses you to think !!! It is the first time i can separate Sakis - the singer, stageman, actor, hot sex-machine ( sorry, but he is ) from the soul i think he has , which soul makes him beloved by so many people !!!
Back to top Go down
JimKehoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 6:59 pm

Danari, I'm glad you liked it! It's supposed to be scary and thought-provoking, so it sounds like it had the intended effect. I wish all of Sakis' fans would go see the movie SEVERAL TIMES. Support him and you will see more of him in films! Thanks again, Danari.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danari

Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 7:26 pm

Jim, ( i suppose you thanked me for my post whether good or not ) i think we have to thank YOU and the team which worked hard to present a result as praiseworthy as it turned out to be ! So : THANK YOU !

I have to admit : it was really difficult to write about the movie without mentioning vital parts of it which made the difference !!!
It really had the " intended effect " on each and everyone in the theater if i judge from the "aaaah" -s and "ooooh" -s of the people and from the agony which was almost touchable !
I'm still under its influence ... but have to admit this to : i couldn't go watch it a second time , at least not anytime soon ...
Back to top Go down
JimKehoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 7:29 pm

Ha, I understand completely. Many people have been freaked out by it. The ending has even been compared to THE SIXTH SENSE, which is very flattering to everyone involved in the film.

Was the theater crowded when you saw it? We're still having trouble finding out exactly how well the movie is doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 7:48 pm

It certainly had a big effect on u Tunde! But eventually u got over it once the movie rolled on. Glad the ppl who came with u who r not fans of Sakis saw it as well and admit that he was brilliant! It just goes 2 show that he can do well in acting as he does in singing! With that role he had in the movie u don't c him as Sakis u c him as Abner! If any of u guys do manage 2 c this movie do proceed with caution!

danari wrote:
It is the first time i can separate Sakis - the singer,
stageman, actor, hot sex-machine ( sorry, but he is ) from the soul i
think he has , which soul makes him beloved by so many people
!!!

Perfect statement Tunde and perfect remark with "hot sex-machine"!

JimKehoe wrote:
Support him and you will see more of him in films!

Indeed we will b Jimmy boy! With all our hearts!

danari wrote:

It really had the " intended effect " on each and
everyone in the theater if i judge from the "aaaah" -s and "ooooh" -s
of the people and from the agony which was almost touchable !
I'm
still under its influence ... but have to admit this to : i couldn't go
watch it a second time , at least not anytime soon ...

I can easily imagine what it looks like Tunde! Well somehow girl I hope u can recover from it!

JimKehoe wrote:
The ending has even been compared to THE SIXTH SENSE,
which is very flattering to everyone involved in the film.

Well that's good 2 hear!

JimKehoe wrote:

We're still having trouble finding out exactly how well the movie is doing.

I'm sure it's doing well but I don't live in Greece. I live in Canada. Anyways I sure hope the movie will b released internationally!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danari

Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 7:55 pm

I didn't thought about it, but to be compared to The Sixth Sense is absolutley appropriate !!! The ending is " ola ta lefta " whitch means worth every penny in greek !!!

It's the 16th day of screening...the theater was half-full ( not half-empty !lol ) but it was an "early" hour ( 8.45 pm ) projection. I saw a few groups of 10-15 fellow Sakis-funs getting ready to the next projection ... if this tells you anything...!
But i have no idea how to get any official information about the how many people have seen the movie ... i'm sorry...
Back to top Go down
danari

Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 8:14 pm

Jessie, you go and see the movie and please tell me afterwards if you can recover from it ... or not !!!
And the " magic " moment - which made me hold my breath - wasn't at the beginning , Jessie , but somewhere at the time i realized Sakis' charakter has a different role from what i ( everybody ) thought it would be !!!
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   18th December 2009, 8:35 pm

danari wrote:
Jessie, you go and see the movie and please tell me
afterwards if you can recover from it ... or not !!!

PLEASE I don't think I would have the guts 2 c the movie itself! Ok so maybe u can't recover from it!

danari wrote:
And the " magic " moment - which made me hold my breath
- wasn't at the beginning , Jessie , but somewhere at the time i realized Sakis' charakter has a different role from what i ( everybody ) thought it would be !!!

I have a couple of guesses on it. But if I tell u u probably would urge me 2 check the movie 4 myself. So with that I won't! Yet I probably might forget about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danari

Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   19th December 2009, 4:23 am

Jessie mou , i'm sorry if i duress -ed you !!! lol

Now seriously you really have to have a strong stomach but it's possible to recover afterwords...
And if you don't want to watch the movie i can tell you : Sakis was brilliant-ly mean, bad, disgusting, shivery (i dont have enough bad adjektives in my vocabulary to describe that performance ... lollllll ) ... his smile was cold and sharp like a knife for (from) ice ...and his english : just the way it should be for this movie ( i, personaly loved it ) !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DURESS   

Back to top Go down

DURESS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sakis Rouvas the greek pop star ! :: ~Sakis Rouvas World~ :: ~Current events~-
Jump to: